How to make Apple Juice!
How to make Apple Juice
It has been said that ‘’an apple a day, keeps the doctor away”, it may be true because of the promising effects of apple to our body. Think about researches that show that eating an apple may increase the important neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain which result to good memory. It was even included in the medications of those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease as a study. You will read about it more in another section of this article.
There are also some side effects of drinking apple juice. Read more about it in this article.
- 4 Apples
- Water (optional)
Slice the apples into half. (You may choose to remove the skin of the apple)
Remove the seeds of the apples.
Place the apples into the juicer.
Transfer the apple juice into a glass and add some ice. You may want to add some water if the taste of the juice is too strong.
Benefits of Apple Juice
1. Scientifically researched, an apple juice consumption may actually increase the production in the brain of the important neurotransmitter acetylcholine, resulting to good memory. It was included in the medications of those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease as a study. The finding show that the consumption of the anti-oxidant rich foods such as apples, and apple juice can help reduce problems associated with memory loss. Source: Umas Lowel https://www.uml.edu/News/press-releases/2006/research_shows_benefit_of_appl.aspx
2. Apples are rich in fiber
3. Apples are rich in vitamins A, B, C, E
4. Apples are rich in minerals Potassium, Iron,
5. Apples are rich in antioxidants that help neutralizes free radicals thus preventing you to get cancer
6. Apples can lower the risk of stroke
7. The fiber in apples help reduce cholesterol
8. Apples can protect your heart
9. Apples can help a person feel full longer, for obese people it is a great help, making them less likely to eat. It also contains bioactive compounds that help promote good gut bacteria.
Some known contraindications in using and intake of apple :
· Apple seeds contain cyanide. Chewing and swallowing many apple seeds is unsafe.
· Some may have allergies to apples. If you experience having hives, difficulty of breathing and swelling contact your healthcare provider immediately.
· The acidic content of apple causes buildup of plaque to the teeth. Brush your teeth and rinse with water after eating apples to protect your teeth.
Drawbacks of Apple juice and what to do about it:
1. Juicing apple may lessen the apple’s fiber effectivity and lessen the ability to satisfy hunger.
2. Apples have higher calorie content. If you juice it, the tendency is to intake more calories thus may contribute to weight gain. A 1-cup (240 ml) serving has 114 calories. Better do a portion control for apple juice intake.
3. Drinking apple juice alone cannot give you the vitamins and minerals needed for Reference Daily Intake (RDI). My advise, eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Or better mix it with other juices just like our recipe here.
4. Apple juice is high in sugar mainly because it contains fructose and glucose— a good source of carbs. If you drink apple juice, pair it with good source of protein and fats to reduce impact on your blood sugar.
Check out our other juice recipes
In the list below you will find the latest juice recipes related to this recipe. Please let us know if we missed a recipe or submit recipes by leaving a message in the reactions area or through the contact form.
Lemon Juice is know to be a fat burning Juice. In this article we will explain how to make a perfect lemon juice that doesn’t taste very sour.
Aloe Vera is composed of 99% water and the remaining 1% composed of 75 active vitamins and minerals. Many studies prove that Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera Juice can boost immunity.