Celery Juice Recipe
Celery Juice Recipe
Celery ( Apium graveolens) is considered as vegetable, has a long fibrous stalk tapering into leaves. It is made up of 95% water, it is not particularly rich in vitamin and mineral but it is a good source of Vitamin K. Consuming celery can help you get folate, potassium, fiber and molybdenum, lesser amount of B Vitamins, Vitamin A and C. Naturally, celery is low in calories, carbohydrates, fats and cholesterol. So with its characteristics, you can use celery for weight loss.
Celery juice contains atleast eight anti-cancer compounds like acetylenics and phenolyc acids which help stop the growth of cancer cells.
- 1 Corp Organic Celery
- 1 Apple
- 1 Lime or Lemon
Wash the celery thoroughly and cut it in small pieces
Peel the apple and add remove the seeds from the apple
Place everything in the Juicer until ready and place the contents in a cup
Cut the Lime in half, squeeze and add the lime juice to the celery and apple juice
Place it in the ref or add ice to serve it cold.
Facts about Celery Juice
Health Benefits for Celery Juice are:
- Celery is known to be a natural diuretic
- May help lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol
- promotes hydration
- Balances pH levels
- Strengthen bones because it is high in calcium and silicon, Vitamin K
- Lowers inflammation
- Protects liver health
- Beneficial weight loss
- Boosts digestion and reduces bloating
Some known contraindications in using and intake of celery Juice:
- When taken by mouth: Celery oil and its seeds are safe when taken by mouth in food amounts. Some people maybe allergic to celery . Allergic reactions can range from skin inflammation to anaphylaxis. Taking in of celery is not safe during pregnancy. Large amount of celery can lead to miscarriage causing the uterus to contract.
- If you are taking medicines please take note of this drug interactions:
- Levothyroxine interacts with celery. This drug is used for low thyroid function. Celery seeds plus levothyroxine might decrease its effectiveness.
- Lithuim and celery: Celery is known to be ‘diuretic’. Taking in Celery might decrease how well the body get rid of lithium. Talk with your healthcare provider if you are taking lithium and celery together.
- Medications that increase sensitivity to sunlight: Celery may also increase your sensitivity to sunlight. If you are taking medications that are photosynthesizing, take extra precaution by putting sunblock, and protective clothing when under the sun.
- Sedative medications/Central Nervous System depressants interacts with celery. A combination of the two might lead to too much sleepiness. Some sedative medications include lorazepam, zolpidem, phenobarbital, clonazepam and others.
This Celery Juice recipe contains more ingredients like Apple Juice and Lemon Juice. We will link to those pages once we created those Juice recipes.
Check out our other juice recipes
In the list below you will find the latest juice recipes related to this recipe. Please let us know if we missed a recipe or submit recipes through the contact form.