Berry good Juice Articles
Berries are among the healthiest food on earth
According to Wikipedia a berry is a small, pulpy, and often edible fruit; juicy, rounded, brightly colored and do not have a stone or pit. In botany, berries include grapes, currants and tomatoes, as well as cucumber, eggplants and bananas.
Generally, all berries have this common nutrients in it. Antioxidants, phytonutrients, fiber and vitamin C. and is also known as good food for the brain.
What are phytonutrients? They are nutrients that are found in plants that has specific biological characteristic that support human health. Berries commonly contains these phytonutrients such as Anthocyanins, Flavonoids, Polyphenols and Resveratrol.
What does Anthocyanins in berries do? Anthocyanin pigments are responsible for the red, purple and blue colors of berries. It helps prevent neuronal and cardiovascular illness, diabetes and cancer. It defends cells, protect against blood clotting. Much higher content in blackberry than raspberry and strawberry. Studies show that the anthocyanins from berries could decrease or inhibit the growth of cancer tumors.
Flavonoids can prevent injury of cells. Mostly high content in cranberry, lingonberry, black currant and bulberry according to a study.
Polyphenols are antioxidant and anti-aging.
Resveratrol are also antioxidant and responsible for protection from cancer and heart disease.
What does antioxidants do?
Berries that can enhance brain health include
How Berries can enhance Brain Health
- By improving communication between brain cells
- Reducing inflammation throughout the body
- Increasing plasticity, which helps brain cells form new connections, boosting learning and memory
- Reducing or delaying age-related neurodegenerative diseases and cognitive decline
What more berries can offer?
Berries have been found to improve blood vessels especially in the heart. It is readily available that you can eat it as it is, juice it, incorporate in salads, cakes, ice creams, it is so delicious. It can also help in your skin decreasing wrinkles and other sign of skin aging related to sun exposure.
Special precautions for specific berries
There are many types of berries. All have benefits and harm as well. I have included the most common berries we are to take note of.
- Black currant: The high content of vitamin K in this berry and phenolic compounds, people with thrombophlebitis should consult his health care provider. It may increase the blood coagulation ability of the blood.
- Raspberry: People who are suffering from gastritis or stomach ulcers are not recommended taking concentrated raspberry juice. It is not recommended for people who have gout, kidney problems and urolithialisis. People with diabetes please take note of the sugar content of raspberry. During pregnancy, take an extra precaution in taking in raspberries, it may trigger allergic reactions to the unborn child.
- Strawberry: Excessive intake of strawberry can trigger allergic reactions.
- Blueberry: Large quantities of blueberries may cause headache, nausea and stomach ache. Not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
- Blackberry: Excessive intake of blackberry juice may cause intestinal disease. At high pH, one should not take more than one glass of blackberry juice.